Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Spiderman is saying "I Love You"

Well, true to form I missed a few days. It seems like life with two children under three can be quite busy sometimes. Dave was out of town for a few days, so it was just the three of us. We had a good time frollicking outside and enjoying each other.

My 33 month old, Eamon, recently made a startling discovery. He used sign-language as a baby, and he is recently picking it back up as we sign with our 11 onth old. He was getting ready to color and noticed the front of a coloring book he received at a birthday party. With great exhuberance, he exclaimed, "Look, Mama, Spiderman is saying 'I love you!'" Sure enough on the cover of the book, good ole Spidey had his hand in the form of the ILU sign. I love this kid. He has no idea about crime and crimefighters only the idea that this creature could be signing.

Today we went to a new park. There was a birthday party for older kids. I really don't like sharing the park with older kids. Older kids have a habit of pushing smaller kids, taunting them or climbing and jumping from non-traditional playground spots. I sound like such an old fart, but I really like an isolated playground! So, we left after about 45 minutes.

When we got home we cleaned up the backyard. It was a bit messy. Eamon delighted in hosing off the patio. Aine just cruised around the yard. It looked a bit better when qwe finished. Now we need to plant our new seedlings.

Once inside, Eamon & I tackled cookie making. Aine played in the playroom and cruised around the kitchen. She LOVES looking at herself in the mirror. She played joyfully while Eamon and I made cookies. It was nice having her play while I spent some time with him. He put in the ingredients and handled turning the mixer on/off. He is becoming quite an independent little guy.

Today I am grateful that we were able to play at the park and bake cookies. I am also grateful that they feel asleep by 6:30pm!!

1 comment:

  1. Heather, you are a very good mommie and you should be proud of yourself. David is a good daddy too and Aine and Eamon are very lucky to have you both in their lives not to mention as parents. You are all very blessed.

    ReplyDelete