Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

On to the Sleeves

I have been zipping along on my Naima sweater. I did order another skein of yarn, because I misread the yards versus meters requirement. I am so used to having yards come first, that I didn't pay attention. I have the right amount if I was using meters, but not enough yarn for my project since I ordered based on yards. Why oh why can't we just use metric. Oops!

This sweater has been a quick knit for me. I hope to have it complete by the end of the month or soon after. I am getting much quicker at purling and am even able to read while I knit again. It helps that I have had blocks of time to work on it. Eamon and I spent some time at the comic book store this week, which meant I could read and knit while he played Magic the Gathering. I finished We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves. It started well, but had a bit of trouble in the middle and ended a bit abruptly. I also read a bit of The Cloudspotter's Guide: The Science, History, and Culture of Clouds while waiting for Eamon. It is for our homeschooling co op and quite good. Back home, I chose Men Explain Things To Me and Fangirl from the large stack of books I have here. I figure they offset each other. I started both yesterday but did not get very far. Have you read anything good lately? I spend a bit of time making lists after reading and knitting along with Ginny.

4 comments:

  1. I remember learning the metric system when I was in the 6th grade because we were told that is what we would be using in the future, and here I sit still waiting for the US to catch on.
    I am reading The Truth According to Us and it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Laughing at Tracey's comment because I remember being told the same thing when I was in school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:03 AM

    thank you for this your broadcast provided bright clear concept..
    ดูหนังผี

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow !!! it's great travel i like it so much.

    หนังแอ็คชั่น

    ReplyDelete