* We started the week with a trip to the library. Benton walked the whole way which was nice. It took a long time on the way home as we paused to watch some local construction and examine every piece of treasure he found on the ground.
* While at the library we visited our favorite playground. Our time was brief when someone's ears were too cold. This was the same someone I suggested should wear his hat. Next time, I am sure.
* A return to the nature center midweek rewarded the older two with new gems from their gemstone class. Eamon is a fan of all things rock and mineral, so receiving a piece of amethyst is perfection. He is plotting a way to start a business and sell the small gems he receives from class. I try to remind him that we pay $10 for the class, so his profit won't be too big. Benton and I spent the time exploring the center watching the live animals and then playing with a dugout canoe.
* At the end of the week, we joined some other homeschoolers for a Pokemon club day. Everyone was so pleased to meetup with friends again. They played, traded and enjoyed all things Pokemon. Those not as interested played board games.
* Lounging around, reading, playing Minecraft, cleaning windows and knitting rounded out the weekend. I decided to pick up my Leaves of Grass again. I tried to start a few other things even casting on a pair of socks, but the leaves prevailed. I just couldn't ignore it any longer. I am so glad I did resume the knitting. I finished that never-ending first skein of yarn, which really fueled my fingers. I am now 20% of the way through Chart D. I figure each round takes about 20 minutes, so I am hoping to finish by my birthday. We shall see.
How was your week?