Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Out of Practice

Inspired by the Kids Clothes Week, I decided I need to get back behind my sewing machine.  I finally was able to sew a bit today.  I traced a few patterns from old Ottobre magazines this morning as soon as I awoke.  I set the fabric aside hoping to sew a bit when Benton napped.  Then I pulled out my pajama pant pattern as we are low on summer sleep wear.

I decided to start with pjs, so I cut some Michael Miller fabric I had for Aine..  I used a pattern for her pink horseshoe pants, but I winged it for the boys.  I used existing pants as a guide while cutting whimsical camping fabric for their pants.  Big mistake. I forgot to compensate for the elasticized waist while cutting.  I didn't realize this until I had put the pants together and held them up.  I hopefully asked Eamon to try them on - no luck.  Then I turned to Aine - nope.  With enough elastic they fit Benton.  The smaller ones intended to Benton were somewhat salvaged and fit him now with no room for growing.  Not all is lost as he LOVES his new pants.  Aine is quite pleased with hers as well.

Next up is a nightgown, a dress and a skirt for Aine.  I also plan to make Eamon a pair of pj bottoms as well as a nightgown per his request.  At that point, we shall see where we stand and if anything fits :)

No comments:

Post a Comment