A few projects have occupied my time this past week. The one that occupied the most mental space was a baby doll I started in April 2008. The doll has been completely knit for quite some time. Most recently I pulled her out to sew the limbs into place. This was back in February 2010. I also finished the dress and hair at this time. Unfortunately she was stuffed back into the closet unfinished. The problem? I hated her hair.
When I recently pledged to complete all my "works in progress," I pulled out the doll. The intended recipient was no longer the right age. I decided to give it to her younger sister who had a birthday coming soon. I asked a few friends what they thought. They gave me a few ideas, but I still wasn't sure what I would do. I began looking at what others had done on ravelry. I found hair I liked, so I knit it this past week. The new 'do looked so much better to me (Aine still thinks the other hair is superior). With new hair, my interest in the project was renewed. Today I embroidered eyes onto the face, sewed the hair to the head and then affixed the head to the body. The doll I started three and a half years ago is complete.