Monday, October 24, 2011

Yet Another Reason

why I love Ravelry...
This is Aine's stocking. It is the same pattern I used a few years ago when I made one for Benton. Notice the unfinished foot and toe area. I ran out of white yarn. Unfortunately Knitpicks is also out of the white yarn. It is on backorder until 12/31/11. 

Desperate for yarn to finish, I posted on ravelry.com about my dilemma and my search for the white bulky yarn. I had several replies within moments offering me skeins of the yarn. I bought more yarn from a fellow knitter, and it should arrive by the end of the week. With any luck, Aine's stocking will be done by the end of October. Woo Hooo! 

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful stocking and it's it wonderful how nice knitter's are?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous! How awesome that you can put out calls for yarn on Ravelry. I've found myself in a pickle this week over that very issue. If only I knew what kind of yarn to ask for, I'd do it, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks so amazing! and wow! about the yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete