* A much overdo date day with my daughter. Greatly needed to restore some balance for one who has felt a bit overlooked and under appreciated lately. The day included delicious gelato and window shopping. The goal was four inch black patent leather heels - for her. Settling for little black cloth flats. Time spent looking for shorts that can withstand true play and coming up short. Making a plan to buy some boys' shorts and adjusting them as needed (more heavy duty for this explorer and climber of mine). Eating burgers together and being quite tickled when given a brownie by the cashier just because - again her. Waving at everyone we meet. Riding the bus home and watching a movie together. Just talking and enjoying time together.
* A visit by the menfolk to the area memorials. Explaining a bit about the happenings of 9-11. Just enough to help a nine year old understand. Eating noodles together and following it up with some yogurt.
* Lounging around in the morning wondering what to eat with such a bare cupboard. Making lists of supplies needed and planning a shopping trip.
* Venturing to upper floor for some family Wii time. Marveling at Mama's newly found skills but truly noting Daddy's superior ones.
* Deciding to take a bit of a drive in the late afternoon and being drawn to St. Michaels. Wandering the streets and finding hidden spots. Playing tag around a veranda and laughing so hard. Gathering sticks for fishing. Arranging far too many scenarios with the wooden cut outs and wanting them all photographed.
* Finally stopping at a grocery store on the drive back. Arriving home with three sleeping children to find no parking. Skilled maneuvering to land a tight one finally. Returning home to sleep with a full larder.