Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Celebrations

The last week has been busy. The first four months of the year find our family celebrating a whole host of birthdays. March is especially full with Dave and me at the beginning and Benton at the end.

Dave started the celebrations. We were joined by his parents who were able to escape chillier climes for our beautiful weather. We had a home cooked meal and a delicious cake (from A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg). My parents also joined us and came bearing an ice cream cake as well. Both were delicious. Presents were then given and appreciated.

My birthday fell later in the week, and it was a big one (the big 4-0). First thing I was presented with gifts. Aine was so excited to have me open her special gift. She insisted Dave take her shopping the previous weekend. While out she bought me a new comb. It was a very heartfelt gift of which she was so proud. The three of them also gave me a book I have been eyeing, An Everlasting Meal: Cooking with Economy and Grace (you can tell I am on a food kick with all the cookbooks). The kiddos had a field trip scheduled that I didn't want them to miss in the morning. The whole family plus Dave's dad (his mom was not feeling well) ventured out to a goat farm. After the field trip, we headed home. Dave had planned an evening out for us. We had a delightful dinner at Centurion restaurant followed by the theater. We shared wine and good conversation. It was so nice to spend the evening with him and discuss our upcoming adventures.

After the real festivities, we had more cake to celebrate. My father in law has a birthday in March as well, and he really liked the cake. I think he pretended it was for me, but I think we all knew the truth! I blew out candles and was serenaded. Forty is turning out to be pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness! Happy birthday Heather and Dave!

    ReplyDelete