Sunday, March 25, 2012
* playing Pokemon with one another. With a little tutelage, I am playing too. I even have my own deck.
* these cards. They utilize the Pokemon model, but deal with the natural world (think Kingdom, Phyllum, Genus). I found out about them on this site which is full of great science fun for children. Roberta also has a few other science and literary blogs. I get a lot of non-fiction book ideas from her.
* the Holden shawl that I finished several weeks ago. I washed and blocked all our woolens before packing, since little pests love dirty wool. The Holden shawlette was included in the soak. I like how it turned out, but I don't love it on me. It deserves to be loved, so I will add it to my gift-giving basket.
* a little time to knit. I have found a few moments here and there to knit the body of my Bedford pullover. Despite my most convincing efforts, it was deemed too short by everyone I asked, so I had to knit several more inches. I vow to start the sleeves today.
* all the space in our play area and the small selection of toys. I firmly believe that less is so much more when it comes to stuff. Even with what I consider a smaller amount of toys, getting rid of most of them makes playing with what is left so much fun.
* time spent with friends at the robotic competition. Eamon loved his outing to watch the big brother of one of his buddies compete. It was similar to a sporting event with costuming, cheering and major crowd participation. (The older brother's team made it to the finals, but was eliminated).
* friends who offer diversions each day for our family as well as invite the kiddos over to play.
* one more day of the weekend to spend together.
What are you loving today? Do you have any grand plans for the upcoming week?