Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Indulgent

With so many wonderful places to explore and things to see, it seems a bit crazy to stay home. But that is exactly what we did yesterday. I had a few places picked out for the day. When the kiddos woke up, I queried which they would like to see. They returned a resounding, "Stay home!" Well, then that seems to settle it.
So, we stayed home. This respite allowed a lot of much needed play and relaxation. There was a bit of Old Maid playing, loads of Playmobil, Legos, Erector set construction, reading, trucks and even a bath - twice (he claimed to have stinky armpits for the second of the day). We snuggled into bed restored after so much busy.
I forget that even though we are in a place with so much to do we are still a young family. We need quiet home days just as much as we did before the move. I need them too. I was able to catch up on some knitting and reading. I read my long ignored emails and indulged in blog reading. I missed many of my favorite blog writers. I still didn't have a chance to comment on most, but I am now current. Phew! I even found out that I received a little award while we were traveling. Kelly of Who, Matters? awarded me the Leibster Blog Award. She has two boys and chronicles her life in Ohio. She was so very thoughtful to give it to me, and yes, I think we would be friends in "real life."

The Leibster award was hard to pin down. Kelly relayed that,


"The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favorite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to [three to] five more blogs of note."


Most of the blogs I read have over 200 followers. For this award, I really like:


Growing with Science - Roberta brings so many great ideas to her blogs. I read a couple of them. She has great non-fiction book recommendations, a seed guessing weekly challenge and a whole host of other science related goodies. Plus she taught me how to play pokemon.


House of Jays - Rachel is honest and forthright. She shares bits and pieces of her joys and challenges. I like that. Plus she knits.


Mamascout - Amy brings so much to the table. She has enthusiasm for her life and her family. I appreciate that she also lives in a warm climate, so her life reflects a bit of mine too. She is a fellow homeschooler who reminds me to relax, say "yes" and enjoy the ride.


Thanks again, Kelly!



10 comments:

  1. Your day sounds wonderful. I love to stay home and just let the day flow, no schedules or must do's, just quiet living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats heather, yeah, some blogs to check out :) love doing that. just showed henry some pics of ur kids on blog. he just built a lego "spaceship" (from star wars of which he knows little about) and was wanting to show eamon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eamon thinks his creation sounds cool

      Delete
  3. yeah and the award! :)
    and days at home to refocus are so nice.
    miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes staying in is more fun than going out!

    So glad you were able to pass on the blog-loving! I'll have to go check out your picks...

    (What is it with stinky boys and armpits these days?!? ;) I've got one, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is that the one worried about stinky pits is 4!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS- I gave you that award a few months ago too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. I thought I had gotten it before, but I couldn't remember. Old age, I guess :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much! That made me feel great! i think it is amazing homeschooling and mothering with the internet and fellow bloggers - i feel so much more connected than if i was here living my weird life by myself. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete