Monday, November 05, 2012
Friends and Family
It was a weekend full of friends, family and each other.
* I joined in a walk along side my good friends to support one of us and her teenage (wow!) son as they live, learn and love with epilepsy.
* Later an evening walk with the family. Two on scooters and one on a bike zipping and zooming along the bike path as the adults relished a few moments for talking. Everyone perfected pull-ups, flips, jumps and stretches at each of the exercise stops. The weather is cooling off and the evening was beautiful.
* Early morning decorating in recognition of a milestone birthday. Thirty two balloons were blown up and hung along with streamers and signs.
* Boisterous play with siblings and cousins filled the air. Forts were assembled, costumes were donned, wildflowers were planted and minecraft was played.
* A baby was cuddled and held as she slept making up for the time I missed when she was born. She is getting so big so fast, but is just so precious right now.
* Dave made the delicious meal. Leftovers were few. A rousing chorus of Happy Birthday was sung to the delight of all.
*The evening ended with a talent show complete with the Hokey Pokey led by the birthday girl.
It was a good weekend.