Pages

Monday, April 08, 2013

My Leaves

This weekend I took a moment to capture my Leaves of Grass blanket. I am quite pleased with how it turned out. Blocking really helps this piece. I didn't use blocking pins, since we are staying at my parents' home, and I didn't have them available. I draped the blanket over a queen sized bed pulling the lace out evenly. I think it looks pretty good for now. I will reblock it once we have used it a bit. Next time with pins.

The piece took just under two months. The finished size is quite large. I am 5'10" and it fits me. I have packed it away for now saving it for cooler weather.


 **Be sure to check out Rhythm of the Home's blog this month. I am a guest contributor this month. My first post explores the beauty of the desert.

6 comments:

  1. check you out! you are all over the place. the blanket turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just beautiful Heather, really beautiful!

    You're 5' 10''? I am so envious! I always wanted to be tall,but ended up 5' 4", the shortest in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and I love the photography!! I have a feeling you might make another one one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't imagine the amoutn of stitches in this, stunning

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. wow. wow. wow.
    I so admire things like this. things I'm not sure I would ever set out to do myself.
    XO

    ReplyDelete