Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013


He sits across from me, his breakfast finished. I know I should remind him not to read library books at the table, but then I would have to close mine. We sit there reading together enjoying the words and the food. Occasionally he interrupts my thoughts wanting to share a funny passage, "Mama, listen to this..." As I read I wonder what this boy of mine will be like as he makes his course through life. I reflect on my youth and things I can remember. Will he remember sitting her together with me? I will.

4 comments:

  1. so sweet. my poulette is a HUGE nate fan ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes he will remember and I have a 23 and 20 year old that read while eating and they still share snippets when they are doing it here at my house. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete