Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

The Wonders of Technology

One of the coolest things about Benton's birth is that so many people were involved. Friends were texting each other or calling the notification phone tree. Dave sent out a text to his family, friends and coworkers with the baby's information.

Perhaps the coolest is that my sister and her family were able to "be" at the birth. She is such a very important part of my life; I feel honored that she could be "Skyped" into the birth. She and my nieces and nephew watched the last hour or so of the birth. They were with us cheering me on and crying remembering E's own recent homebirth. She stayed with us for several hours afterward talking about the new baby, the birth and miscellaneous things. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful sister. Thank you, E, for being at my first and my last birth!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Congratulations on your birth--I loved reading your amazing story of it.

    Caracolina left a comment after yours with a link to an archived copy of MagKnits: http://web.archive.org/web/2007*/http://www.magknits.com

    There are some big discussions of what happened with MagKnits in the Ravelry forums. It sounds like the management of the site got to be too much for owner of it--so she shut down. Some of the designers are putting up their patterns in the Ravelry library and I think the Jaywalker pattern is up, but I know you can acess it through that archive link above.

    ReplyDelete