Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Last Minute Push

I wanted to make a quilt for each of my children this year.  I had a different idea for each one.  I started somewhat early and completed Benton's after a long delay over quilting approach.  Eamon's was completed next and went really quickly.  Made out of old jeans, I didn't spend a lot of time on layout and quilting it was a breeze with nice straight lines.  Then came Aine's quilt.

Originally I wanted to do circles.  That idea was quickly scrapped when I realized just what it would entail.  I then decided half-square triangles would be perfect.  This was the plan up until the day of execution.  Due to other gift-making,  I did not start Aine's quilt until Wednesday, December 22.  When faced with an iminent deadline, I reverted to a quilt made of full 10 inch squares.  I laid out the squares, but I couldn't get it perfect.  I decided perfection was for those who pre-plan.  I just had to make it, so I forged ahead.  It came out beautifully.

So, at 10:53am on Christmas eve, I am finished with the quilts I wanted to make for my children.  I hope they enjoy them and remember the love I hold for them.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, so sweet of you to make them all quilts. I'm sure it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete