Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Amazing Ordinary Day


Today was a great day. Benton and I cleaned the kitchen; he helped wash dishes and make dinner in the crockpot. I rearranged the kitchen giving us a lot more counter space. We read Judge Benjamin: Superdog together. Benton cut a bit of his hair. Aine and Eamon played Minecraft and Crazy Machines. We ate a delicious lunch. There was a bit of painting. Benton napped. We spent time outside playing in dirt, using the hose, riding bikes, and shelling pecans. Everyone enjoyed baths. We ate a delicious dinner of spaghetti with side salads and apple cobbler. We read more books. Dave ironed clothes.

Sounds less than amazing when written down. It is true that it was a rather ordinary day. We didn't go anywhere fantastic. We didn't even make it to our homeschooling park day. I wasn't even able to do any crafting, although I did find my missing yarn in the train bin. We truly just enjoyed being together and going about our day. Days like today remind us of what we find important and how lucky we are to be together.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post!

    You know, sometimes it drives me crazy that my kids were too little to remember some of our exciting adventures. But then I realize it's the string of "ordinary" days that will provide the lifetime of memories. So really ... the ordinary days aren't that ordinary at all :-)

    ReplyDelete