Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Final Gift Finished

For my dad's birthday I gave him an IOU.  I don't like to do this, but when your birthday is a week before Christmas you leave me with little choice.   I told my dad he would be the lucky recipient of a pair of handknit socks.  He was presented with the pattern and his yarn, which Eamon and Aine had picked out.  The skeins were Cascade 220 Superwash in blue and red.  He wondered why the colors were selected and then offered a few suggestions about sizing and fit.  He may have also grumbled about IOU gifts and hoping to have them before summer.

I started knitting the socks just before Christmas.  The yarn is a worsted weight, so I was able to knit them quickly.  I had him try on the first sock for fit.  It was perfect, so I forged ahead.  I finished the pair and gave them to him yesterday.  He was quite pleased.  I hope he gets a lot of wear out of them and has warm toes.

Thuja Sock detailed info on ravelry

No comments:

Post a Comment