Pages

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Intend

My next intention for the year is to improve my photography.  My "go-to" camera is a point and shoot Canon.  I like it, because it can be carried in a pocket or at the bottom of my purse.  It is easy to pull out and take quick photos.  However, it is feeling its age and the abuse it endures at the hands of the small people.  Due to a goopy lens, the pictures are fuzzy, out of focus or just plain bad.  I am sure you already picked up on that.

Last year, I received a Nikon D3000.  I really like it.  I think my composition is good.  The problem is that I only take photos on auto.  This works well most of the time.  The camera is capable of more.  I have started venturing into the manual mode with some guidance from Dave.  I have used the camera for the last few days on manual.  I am doing the 365project this year in an attempt to learn more and improve.  This year I want to rock my SLR.  I want to understand how to change the settings to create the best effect.  A friend of mine has offered to help, and I am going to take her up on it.  So, tomorrow I head to her house for lemons and a photography lesson.
Let's just hope my subjects are more willing

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of E... so funny. I'm doing the 365Project too of sorts... you might want to check out www.iheartfaces.com and join their forums and participate in their weekly challenges and photo edits. It's helped me take better pictures. They're got tutorials too... although I think face-to-face is better, so go with the lemons and a lesson!!

    ReplyDelete