Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Addicted

Yesterday the whole family ran some errands in the afternoon.  On the walk home, feet started to get tired, sides hurt and a storm was imminent. The older two convinced me to hop on the bus and ride home (a little over two miles). Dave was steadfast and continued to walk with Benton in the stroller. Once we arrived home, Aine wanted to wait for Daddy. She was concerned about him and wanted to let him know he was missed. While waiting, we chatted and I knit a bit on a pair of socks (the heel turn is almost done). Suddenly we heard a boom of thunder. We glanced out the windows and saw the beginnings of a torrential downpour. Yikes! Eamon and Aine ran outside to dance in the pouring rain and look for their dad.
Dave arrived home a bit wet shortly after the storm began. With an umbrella in hand, Benton was dry and well rested, since he had fallen asleep on the walk home. A quick change of clothes and we all settled into the couch and chairs together. LEGOS were pulled out, and tea was consumed.
After a bit, I decided I needed to get to work on my granny square sampler. With hook in hand, I watched the instructional videos again. As the kids played with LEGOS and then eventually turned on a movie, I crocheted those squares. I wanted the colors to work well together, but then I remembered not to over think it (something I do often). I set the balls on the floor and just grabbed. A few rules were kept, but the colors flowed. I did not get up from my spot until I wove in the ends on my last granny square. I now have three crazy squares and am eager for the next assignment tomorrow. I am so glad that Blair engineered this project. I may just add crochet to my bag of tricks.

11 comments:

  1. Great color combinations! How fun to have a portable project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These storms have been something haven't they?!
    Your granny squares look great! Both my grandmother
    and mother use to crochet, and crochet beautifully,
    I just can't get it and am so glad I found knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should learn to crochet more proficiently. I am also working on socks right now, allegedly for Bryce but....I kinda like the colors myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look great. i really enjoyed doing granny squares. i made audrey three baby blankets with granny squares. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those addictive grannies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these colorful granny squares. Since I can crochet (can't knit) I think I will research and find a pattern for these and maybe make an afghan or something. Thanks for the inspiration. That rain storm sounds so nice as I sit here on a sunny, hot (100+) Arizona afternoon. Rain would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you follow the links, the person leading the granny square sampler crochet along has the patterns. She will add a new one weekly. Rain is lovely, but oh is it humid!

      Delete
  7. Lego's... I have a love hate relationship with them. We love to play with them but they haven't turned into an independent play item yet. I'd be lucky to get a row in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your grannies are so happy!!! (have you stumbled onto attic24 blog?--Lucy's tutorials for crocheting are so good, even I can follow them!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie. I will need to check out her blog. In a bit though, I have more grannies to crochet :)

      Delete
  9. I love all the different colors you are using (the trim is beautiful!) and your granny squares look great!

    ReplyDelete