|Sporting his newly blocked hat (he wanted "the blog" to know he is wearing it now)|
- major planning with our local homeschool group. So much fun in store. I love that we have found our homeschooling community. We are very lucky to have found such supportive, enthusiastic families that share our common unschooling goals.
- dinner and an evening without Dave as he took a rare night out to watch UFC with friends. We read many chapters of Lone Wolf. The kiddos enjoyed the first few Guardians of Ga'Hoole books and like this wolf series thus far. The tragedy of life in the wild has not been too much for Aine's gentle heart. We have not had to stop reading yet.
- on Sunday most of us slept late to make up for the previous early morning. I snuck out of bed a few hours early to work on our homeschooling group's calendar, email and a bit of knitting.
- an afternoon spent hiking in the Superstition Mountains. I forgot to bring the camera, so I have nothing to share of our hike. It was actually quite nice to be unencumbered as we walked. It also freed up my hands for the multiple water bottles, apple cores, oranges, map and stick I was asked to carry. The wildflowers are just beginning to bloom in such beautiful oranges. I cannot wait for more yellows, whites, and purples to join the orange. Have I mentioned how much I love this time of year in Arizona? The desert truly comes alive.
- knitting on the birthday socks while driving around with Dave at the wheel. Finishing them at home while we settled in for a quiet evening of game playing, reading and server creating.
How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?