Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

12 Years Ago...

He planned a surprise. I almost found out. My sister knew. She was worried about my answer. She almost told. I had no idea. He wanted to do it later in the day. We had plans to meet friends at the Field Museum. We were talking about invisible fences for his dog. I suggested we email my uncle. He wanted to wait. I told him we had time. I would probably forget if we waited. I noticed an email from my sister entitled "You have to check this out." I thought it was a forward. I opened the link. I didn't notice him behind me. It was his proposal. I turned around and he asked me. I said, "Yes!"

8 comments:

  1. What a crazy - awesome! - story!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this :) You two are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember the email part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin - It was an email with a link. The link was to the webpage he had made with the proposal. I have a copy somewhere. Thank you for all your help in his mission.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw. Happy "say yes" anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An internet proposal! Sweet. No wonder you are into meeting strangers online...

    ReplyDelete
  7. <3 I remember finding out that he had met you and was going to propose... I'm so happy to have you as a SIL!!! You're wonderful to him and I am so thankful that D has you in his life!! You're exactly what I'd pick for him if I had to pick someone to be his wife... Love you!

    ReplyDelete