Pages

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Valentine Pretzel Doodles

Inspired by my sister, the kids and I set out to make some Valentine's Day candy. It is a basic treat comprised of pretzels, Hershey Kisses and M&Ms (definitely not health food). Aine was my biggest helper in the task. We chose small pretzels and caramel kisses topped with holiday M&Ms.

While waiting for the oven to preheat to 350 degrees, Aine and I unwrapped all the Kisses while testing a few.
Then Aine arranged the pretzels on a baking sheet topping each one with a kiss.
We all eagerly watched them melt in the oven. It takes about 3-5 minutes. You will notice the tops of the kisses begin to sag. Once we took the out, Aine and Benton topped them with M&Ms. They pushed down the candy a little bit which spreads the chocolate on the pretzel.
When we were done, we set about trying to figure out a good name for our treats. Dave suggested "pretzel doodles," and Aine concurred. We all agreed whatever they are called, they are quite tasty.

8 comments:

  1. I have had these. They are yummy! One of the ladies always brings them to scrapbook camp and they are always a big hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how they'd taste with the pretzel M&Ms... maybe I'll try to make them this weekend! I'll report back on my findings. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:30 AM

    We made these at Christmas this year. I usually make real candy, the tricky kind my girls can't help with, but was too busy this year for that. The pretzel candies were great because the kids did almost all of it themselves. They had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pap doesn't like pretzels so can we make these when I get there in March?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Dani said they are great for the kids. I know they would love to make some with their grams when she visits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound AMAZING!!! I *must* make some soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are on our second batch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:00 AM

    Yes! MMMMMM! they look so yummy and beautiful.
    i've made these but with yogurt covered pretzels, a rolo, and an almond/pecan on top.

    ReplyDelete